M. C. Dhamanwala English High School of Seventh-Day Adventists (Gujarat, IN)

An institution that began as a church school in 1945, using a room at the Women’s Wadia College just opposite the mission hospital campus in Surat, Gujarat, India. It was reorganized by Shalini Shinde in 1958. After relocation to the church vestry in 1966, where classes were held for 10 years, a temporary shed was erected to accommodate the expanding student body. Then in response to a challenge by the Central India Union committee, G. Jacob, the region director, and the principal, Pramod Gaikwad, set about raising funds that were to be matched by the union. The school building was completed in 1978 and named after the principal donor. During the next two years the staff quarters and another floor were added and the school was upgraded to ICSE level. This institution, which started with ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Gujarat
India