Juan Pablo Durarte School (San Juan de la Maguana) (DO)

A secondary school belonging to the South Dominican Mission. It is accredited by the country’s Education Department. In 1993 it had 127 students and a faculty of seven. The school had its beginnings in the year 1957 and is still at its original location on General Cabral Street The first facility was a small room owned by the local Seventh-day Adventist church. The one teacher, Elida Amparo, had 50 students in first and second grades. By 1967 there were eight grades and 250 students. In 1981 the school began offering secondary school grade 9. Grade 10 was offered in 1982, and 11 and 12 were offered by 1984. The school building has eight classrooms on the first floor and two on the second. The church, situated across from the school building, is used for general meetings. Principals of th...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Dominican Republic